About the Role
Base Location: Perth
Salary: £24,479 - £29,879 Depending on skills and experience + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: 9 month Fixed Term Contract | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What do I need?
The Customer Contact Centre (CCC) in Perth incorporates several departments including Call advisors, Executive Complaints, Fault Dispatch, Priority Services Team, and others.
We have a vacancy for a General Enquiries advisor within our Customer Contact Centre. The key duties and responsibilities of this role are:
- Answering inbound calls from customers, asking questions to help the customer understand what they need and raising a job through our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Managing the queue of web queries raised including responding to customers via email.
- Managing customers' needs and setting clear expectations on what will happen next.
- Working with the wider regional general enquiries team to identify opportunities to refine and continually improve the service we offer.
- Providing reports for key stakeholders.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Excellent communicator and you should possess a professional telephone manner along with exceptional customer service skills as you will be an ambassador of SSE and its values.
- You should possess a good understanding of SSEN businesses along with previous experience in customer service. This is a customer facing role therefore it is important that you are always passionate about giving 10/10 customer service.
- Experience responding professionally to customers in writing is preferred. You'll possess the ability to integrate with others and work closely with the wider General Enquiries team taking initiative when required.
- You should have the capacity to deliver high quality work both on the phone and via email, handling sensitive data in a demanding environment with a flexible approach and attention to detail that is balanced by a determination to get the job done.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Fiona on Fiona.Smith@sse.com / 01738 340954.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.