About the Role
Base Location: Argyll, Perth, Inverness, Aberdeen, Glasgow (Flexible)
Salary: £51,125 - £62,405 depending on skills and experience + car/cash allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
Role & Responsibility
- We are looking for experienced Forestry Managers, competent in forestry management planning, design and delivery of forestry operations across a given portfolio of projects through the SSEN Transmission network. We are also looking for individuals experienced in managing compensatory planting schemes.
- The role includes the responsibility for devising, co-ordinating and ensuring the successful implementation of SSEN Transmission’s Forestry Project Management Service in order to deliver project programmes on time and within budget.
- This role will include responsibility for forestry management on sites at different stages in the development process. This will include overseeing forestry strategy during the site identification and assessment phase of projects, and working with forestry consultants on the production of forestry reports required for the delivery of land rights, EIAs and planning applications. During the refinement and execution stages, focus will be on overseeing forestry valuation, budgets, works contracts and on-site felling works.
- Stakeholder engagement is an important element of this role, and you will have a wide array of stakeholders, both internal and external, to develop and maintain positive working relationships. These stakeholders include forestry agents, landowners, tenants, forestry contractors and relevant bodies such as Scottish Forestry.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Excellent understanding of UK forestry standard and best practice.
- Excellent understanding and experience in forestry design, felling licence laws, woodland management planning and woodland planting schemes.
- Excellent knowledge of forestry management practice, forestry measurement protocols, valuation processes and forestry operations management and supervision.
- Good experience in devising and managing forestry budgets ideally within energy networks and their structure and governance.
- Qualified to HND or degree level in a relevant discipline with 3 years management experience in forestry.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE’ to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Stephanie on Stephanie.Jamieson@sse.com or 01738 342963.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.