SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, our SSE Renewables (SSER) business continues to be at the forefront of our growth plans, and our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
About the Role
Base Location: Dublin or Belfast
Salary: Competitive, depending on skills and experience + car/cash allowance + annual bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
As an Estate Surveyor, you will provide land support and advice to the Asset Management directorate for the SSER operational fleet of windfarms in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. Responsibilities will include but will not be restricted to:
- Negotiating with landlords/landowners and tenants on lease variations and rent reviews; ensuring that any notices are served in the correct and timely manner.
- Ensuring that any land rights required to maximise the potential of the existing portfolio are obtained in a timely manner.
- Working with internal stakeholders to ensure rent payments are made correctly and on time.
- Advising internal stakeholders on the practicalities of the obligations set out within windfarm leases and agreements.
- Build on existing landowner relationships to ensure good communication is maintained.
- Appointing and managing external surveyors and advisors where necessary.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience of managing complex land and property interests, with multi-use, multi-occupancy issues, and complex financial obligations.
- Experience of working within the utilities or renewables sectors.
- Preferably be a qualified member of the RICS, CAAV, or equivalent, but not essential.
- Excellent understanding and application of the relevant legislation relating to property/land ownership, landlord and tenant, planning, etc.
- Excellent negotiation skills and dealing with conflict.
- The ability to identify land related risks and suggest mitigations to ensure potential conflicts are avoided.
- You'll be working alongside a diverse teams across the wider business, therefore it is essential that you have the ability to adapt accordingly in order to provide a first class professional service and advice on a variety of land related subjects.
A large part of this role will involve meeting landowners and site agents at various locations, therefore a full and valid driving license and flexibility to work away from home, with the occasional overnight stay is essential.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 344763.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.