SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, our SSE Renewables (SSER) business continues to be at the forefront of our growth plans, and our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK or Ireland sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading, Havant, Belfast or Dublin.
Salary: £61,100 - £91,700 + car / car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
About the Role
This role is responsible for the provision of Transport and Installation (T&I) Engineering expertise to the SSER portfolio of Offshore Wind Projects, supporting Projects throughout the life cycle of development and delivery, Reporting to the Offshore Head of Engineering – Design and Delivery. The T&I Engineering Manager will coordinate a team of Engineers and Senior Engineers, including Staff and Contractors, ensuring that the appropriate resource and competence is provided to the Projects and that adequate engineering supervision and governance is applied for all offshore construction and installation activities.
- Responsible for T&I Engineering teams across the portfolio of Offshore Wind projects and liaison with the Engineering Managers and Lead Project Engineers and their teams to ensure adequate competent resource is provided to projects.
- Responsible for the safe operational management of the team through ensuring all staff are competent to deliver the appropriate safety standards and procedures, and demonstrate the team are actively engaged with applying safety standards, improvements and development opportunities.
- Responsible for driving innovation in T&I engineering, including the evaluation of new concepts and technologies and working with innovators to develop high potential technology and meet emerging project needs.
- Responsible for identifying all opportunities to increase the value contribution of the Renewables Engineering to the wider SSE Renewables business.
- Responsible for T&I Engineering supply chain engagement to maintain a clear resource of information on available vessels, performance characteristics, their suitability to projects and proposed developments/ new build vessels coming to market.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Extensive Experience Naval Architect or Offshore Engineer, preferably chartered RINA or IMarEST, with a deep knowledge of load-out, large structure sea transportation, offshore construction and installation operations and project planning and execution.
- Extensive experience within a project design and engineering environment, and strong understanding of the Renewables generation business.
- Good knowledge of the key installation construction considerations effecting structural design.
- Able to organise team resources across business priorities without impacting agreed timescales and quality.
- Be able to demonstrate strong technical skills and have a detailed understanding of technical/commercial interactions.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01738275199
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.