Base Location: Slough, Berkshire
Salary: Competitive + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
What is the Role?
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you’ll provide supervision and planning for Technicians to best utilise their and competence to deliver a high standard of work execution on station equipment, that ensures the safety, reliability, flexibility and efficiency of plant and equipment is maintained to meet the Company’s requirements.
A key member of the engineering team, you’ll make significant contributions to the delivery of the site maintenance and outage work scopes.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Supervision of the maintenance of station assets including reactive and proactive work as instructed by the Engineering Manager
- Contributing towards the delivery of projects in alignment with the SSE and station strategies including financial justification preparation, specification, procurement, implementation and commissioning
- Leading in the event of plant failures and /or unplanned outages, providing resources and materials to achieve the most effective resolution both cost and timewise
- Instruction and management of Staff and contractor resources to deliver work in accordance with SHE, technical and commercial requirements
- Communicate engineering and process needs directly to the Engineers to enable the rapid repair of plant and to ensure reliability of equipment through a pro-active programme of maintenance and projects
What do I need?
To be considered, we’d love you to have:
- Relevant qualifications in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience of leading a team in a similar role
- AP2, AP3 and AP4 authorised and competent in the use of Maximo for work control
- Highly competent in SHE practices including Control person safety, IOSSH, COSSH etc
- Strong understanding of the business processes necessary to operate, maintain and control power plants
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills with ability to communicate at various levels including senior management
About our Business
SSE Energy Solutions is the Distributed Energy (DE) and Private Networks business of SSE plc. We finance, own, operate and maintain energy infrastructure for commercial, industrial and residential customers - providing them with a market leading project development service and certainty of operational performance and asset management.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days),enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
To discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Natalie.Clark@sse.com.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?