About the Role
Base Location: Glasgow or Perth
Salary: £46,100 - £69,100 depending on skills and experience + car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
SSE Renewables has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Electrical Work Package Manager to join our Onshore Wind Project Delivery team. Reporting into the Project Manager you'll take responsibility for the planning, construction, commissioning, and handover stages of the Electrical Balance of Plant works on our Onshore Wind Farm Construction projects located throughout Scotland and potentially the rest of the UK.
Typical responsibilities associated with this role will include:
- Managing and leading a combination of direct and indirect reports and third-party suppliers and designers to successfully deliver the project in line with SSE's project governance framework and the project specific Business Case.
- Preparation of contract work scopes, contract negotiations with Tier 1 Contractors, OEM's and suppliers and preparations of budgets prior to FID.
- The safe and efficient on-site execution of projects (Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, People) on schedule, within budget, and to defined quality standards.
- Monitoring and reporting on your projects progress, risks, opportunities, issues, key decisions, and financial performance on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Acting as an advocate for the highest standards of Health and Safety legislation and practices and leading the Safety Culture during construction.
- Managing an integrated team of SSE functional resource, OEMs, on-site sub-contractors and other external stakeholders to ensure coherent delivery to project targets.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have;
- A minimum of an HNC qualification in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Formal project management training would be advantageous but not essential as training will be provided.
- A proven track record in Industrial scale electrical engineering up to and including 33kV, preferably in complex capital projects e.g. project refinement and set up, planning, cost, programme, risk, quality, commercial management and negotiations and project delivery and commissioning.
- Proven experience in site project and contractual management.
- Experience working within various contracting methodologies and frameworks (e.g., FIDIC/NEC3)
- Effective leadership skills and experience working with multiple Contractors/Sub Contractors to drive construction activities to time and budget.
- Previous supervisory or management experience and an understanding of quality requirements and experience in monitoring inspection and test plans.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Pamela on email@example.com or 01738 342002.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.