About the Role
Base Location: Perth,Inverness, Aberdeen and Dundee.
Salary: £42,691 - £49,626 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
You will be responsible for:
- Responding to application requests from customers wishing to: have a new electricity connection(s), increase the size of their existing connection, install generation, or divert our existing apparatus.
- This must be done within strict timescales, with a high degree of accuracy and provide exceptional customer service with clear concise communication.
- You will be responsible for making engineering decisions on how best to provide the customer what they want, whilst adhering to our published policy and design standards. Provide clear accurate drawings of what work we are proposing and compiling accurate costs.
- You will be responsible for holding meetings with customers/clients and be able to explain/justify engineering decisions as well as being able to explain/justify our policies and costing methodology.
- You will be able to communicate with other departments to discuss and make technical engineering decisions.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- You'll have a special appreciation for safety, and ensuring our safety values are at the forefront of your working and decision making.
- You'll be a strong communicator, with excellent organisation skills and a strength in developing and nourishing positive working relationships.
- We ask that you have an excellent working knowledge of both low and high voltage distribution and Power Systems networks, with an ability to create designs which promote safety throughout.
- You'll be competent using Microsoft packages and have a flair for picking up new IT systems. A valid UK driving licence is also required.
- Have relevant electrical qualifications such as an HNC, and ideally have previous experience in a power systems environment.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Fiona on Fiona.Smith@sse.com / 01738 340954.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.