Base Location: Perth, Aberdeen or Inverness
Salary: £45,592 - £55,653 + car/car allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
Our projects vary from the replacement of existing assets due to condition or increased load growth to the installation of new substations up to 33kV. In this role you will be:
- developing detailed project designs that can be consented and safely constructed in compliance with SSEN standards and specifications.
- producing or verifying design calculations, checking and approving designs to ensure the most appropriate and cost-effective solutions are selected to meet customer and regulatory requirements.
- considering stakeholder views within the design development phase of the projects.
- specification of plant through completion of order schedules for primary plant items, which will require an understanding of the plant items and their interaction.
- supporting the team by providing engineering or technical advice relating to the project designs.
- coordination of pre-construction surveys, stakeholder engagement and agreement of project scope, producing pre-tender documentation including programmes and financial forecasting, and ensuring compliance with the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Knowledge and understanding of power system substation design and operation up to 33kV.
- A qualification (minimum of HNC level) in a relevant discipline or have demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- Experience of working under engineering design governance structures and experience of preparing tender documentation.
- Experience of preparing pre-construction information, carrying out design risk assessments, design risk reviews and knowledge of the Construction, Design and Management 2015 Regulations.
- A full current driving licence.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com / 01738 342529.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.