Base Location: Wiltshire (Swindon, Melksham, Andover) & Thames Valley (Buckinghamshire/West London)
Salary: £42,691 - £49,626 (depending on experience) + car allowance and a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
We are looking for 2 Electrical Design Approvers to join our busy team! We have one position available in Wilshire and one position to cover our Thames Valley region.
As an Electrical Design Approver, you will be responsible for supporting delivery connection-based projects to ensure new connections, and associated reinforcement works are delivered in accordance to engineering specification.
You will manage changes to the detailed construction designs and relaying this back to the Asset Designers, Connection Quoters and Project Managers and you will also provide guidance to the legal and consenting teams on appropriate design, environmental and consenting arrangements.
Other roles & responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Check and ensure compliance with all licence and regulatory obligations.
- Set and drive Supplier contract performance targets managed through KPIs and continuous performance.
- Support, and agree, detailed design construction of substations, cables, overhead line schemes, earthing systems including reviewing of a bill of materials.
- Produce design deliverables for framework partners and analyse returns to make recommendation
- Produce the required deliverables for construction folders enabling production of work packs for construction including Construction Design and management (CDM)requirements.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Good knowledge of Distribution Networks and Power Distribution operations up to 33kV
- Sound technical knowledge to comply with Design Authority approval of projects.
- Authorised as a minimum 11kv High Voltage switcher on both the underground and overhead network
- Operating knowledge of the requirements for adoptions of large connections i.e. Independent Connection Providers and Generation connections (Metered Connections only).
- You'd ideally be authorised as a 'Senior Authorised Person'.
Regular travel is required and as a result we can only accept applications from candidates that hold a current driving licence.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kim on firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 344051.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.