Base Location: Slough
Salary: £41,307-£54,556 + Company Car/Cash Allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | with flexible working options available
What is the Role?
Slough Heat and Power (SHP) provides electrical power to the Slough Trading Estate by means of a private electrical power network. It owns and operates several primary and secondary substations including 33kV, 11kV and LV assets.
This role will support the network team within asset and investment management functions for the existing network and its development plans and provide same services for new networks and assets as required.
As part of the network team, you’ll be responsible for the asset management and investment program to improve the heath index and network safety and deliver the growth strategy for the network. Additionally, you’ll focus on the optimisation of our asset management activities and on the introduction of innovative methods and technologies into the networks.
You’ll have responsibility of ensuring that electrical power distribution standards and specifications for EHV, HV and LV assets are adhered to, maintained and developed accordingly in order to ensure that the assets remain fully complaint with the technical and regulatory requirements.
This position involves design and specification of asset maintenance and replacement projects, introduction of innovative projects and new technologies, as well as the active engagement with the project throughout the construction work and project delivery.
As part of the role, you’ll attend stakeholder meetings and support the corporate governance process
What do I need?:
To be successful in this role, we’d love you to have:
- Demonstrable knowledge of asset management principles and methods; asset health index and condition assessment, risk evaluation and management and maintenance planning
- Experience in electrical power systems operation and maintenance including understanding of asset design and specifications at LV, HV and EHV networks; solid knowledge in asset condition assessment, performance and capabilities at LV, 11 and 33k
- Design and project management experience of LV, 11 and 33kV power systems in maintenance; refurbishment and/or asset replacement projects, experience in asset specifications at LV, 11 and 33kV including electrical switchgear and transformers and skilled in fault investigations and root cause analysis for LV, 11kV and 33kV assets and preparation of technical reports with engineering recommendations
- An understanding of business drivers, strategy, and the development and implementation of asset management plans to deliver on business required thus you should be skilled in cost and benefit analysis of investment options to make informed decisions
- Knowledge of electrical power industry regulatory standards for Distribution Network Operators and an understanding of network and engineering policy documents, practice and standards is essential
- Degree educated electrical engineer (or equivalent), with solid experience in maintenance and asset management. You will be computer literate with prior use of Asset management systems and databases and excellent use of spreadsheets
Due to the nature of this role, it’s essential you hold a full driving license.
About our Business
SSE Enterprise Utilities is the Distributed Energy (DE) and Private Networks business of SSE plc. We finance, own, operate and maintain energy infrastructure for commercial, industrial and residential customers - providing them with a market leading project development service and certainty of operational performance and asset management.
Life at SSE
If you’re considering a career with us, you’re probably wondering what’s in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we’re proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.:
At SSE we’re proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra ‘if it’s not safe, we don’t do it’.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
Read more about our inclusion and diversity commitments here.
All applications should be submitted online, it doesn’t take long.
If you would like a confidential informal discussion about this role before applying, to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 342 298
I'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional analytics cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?