We're proud to have been a Principal Partner for COP26, the UN Climate Change Conference, and are leading the way to provide the energy needed now, while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
To reach net zero by 2050, we're looking for people who can bring big ideas, new skills and innovative thinking to help us build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
So join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Highlands & Islands
Salary: £32,851 - £43,385 + car/cash allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent or Fixed Term Contract or Secondment | Full Time or Part Time | Flexible First options available
SSEN Distribution has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager within our Connections department. This role will involve the development, refinement and execution of new projects across our operational area.
The role will be involved with projects in the Highlands and Islands area and will involve a mixture of working from home and at our offices in Inverness.
The key duties & responsibilities will be:
- Ensure the safe delivery of projects to programme, cost and the necessary quality, using robust systems to support the project process.
- Management of key project programme deliverables, external and internal stakeholders and interfacing / coordinating with internal departments including design and engineering, planning, environmental and consents.
- Apply and adhere to the Safety Management Systems, CDM regulations, best practices and the SSE Large Capital Projects Governance processes for all projects where required.
- Providing support to both our customer and delivery partners to ensure the projects proceed efficiently.
- Driving profitability and opportunity through excellent customer service, identifying areas of improvement to work collaboratively with the delivery partners and wider business.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Working knowledge of the electrical distribution industry. Experience and knowledge of operating the LV, 11kV and 33kV network is preferred but not essential. Ideally, you will have full SAP (Inclusive of Sanction For Test) authorisations up to 33kV, but not essential.
- Previous experience of both people and customer management with a proven track record for delivering work safely, on time and within budget
- Demonstrable experience of delivering Large Connections Projects within the governance processes and be able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of Construction (Design & Management) Regulations. Ensuring the project meets technical requirements in line with the relevant governance standards and specifications
- Experience of developing project programmes, costs, resource schedules and relevant plans to ensure that a practicable and cost-effective scheme is delivered
- Meeting project timelines, quality and cost parameters, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of project progression and financial performance
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Debbie.email@example.com / 01738 342939.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?