Electricity Substation Plant Maintenance Fitter
About the Role
Base Location: Swindon
Salary: £28,831 - £41,523 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing
Working Pattern: Permanent Full Time
- As a Fitter you will carry out inspections and maintenance on Substation equipment on our Low Voltage, High Voltage and Extra High Voltage Network. This includes Electrical Switchgear, Transformers, Busbars, Isolators and Protection Systems.
- This is a field-based role where your responsibilities will include but are not limited to; planning outages with our Network Management Centre, operating on the network and issuing safety documentation.
- You'll act as an ambassador for SSEN when interacting with external and internal customers, including our Network Management Centre, Customer Call Centre and domestic and commercial consumers.
- We are always investigating alternative ways of working to improve network safety, reduce cost and drive efficiency. Safety is a key priority at SSEN and throughout everything you do you will need to apply our rigorous safety policies and procedures.
- You may be required to participate in an out of hours standby rota to assist in fault restoration and repairs. Your skills and experience will be needed during periods of high winds and weather events, ensuring we restore our customers supplies as safely and as quickly as possible.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would like you to have:
- Experience as an Electrical Plant Fitter maintaining equipment up to and including 33kV
- Senior Authorised Person (SAP) at 11kV & 33kV would be advantageous
- Experience in oil handling and waste oil consignments
- Knowledge of ESQCR
- Ability to plan work and A full driving licence
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Robert.Clark@sse.com / 01738 341105.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.