About the Role
Base Location: Flexible UK & Ireland | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSE offices or depots around the UK and Ireland.
Salary: £44,100 - £66,100 + Car Allowance + Performance-Related Bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The Behind the Meter Solar Asset Operations team within SSE Energy Solutions operates many types of complex energy networks.
The Senior Asset Manager role is at the heart of realising this success by supporting a business function to ensure we have the right O&M and Asset management strategies in place and that all networks are performing to the best of their ability.
The main responsibilities for this role will be;
- To support the development of the annual Asset Operations SHEW plan. Drive and deliver the key deliverables of the SHEW for Asset Operations and SSE Energy Solutions.
- To develop an Asset Management and Operation and maintenance function to Fulfil our Strategic Asset Management plan as our Behind the Meter Solar asset base grows in line with our ambitious 5 year plan.
- To ensure we have robust and fit for purpose support agreements with our supply base to deliver on our O&M obligations. Actively manage these agreements so that we are getting the most effective service possible from our supply base.
- Manage the teams performance against those agreed budgets, propose and progress efficiency initiatives to reduce our ongoing cost of operation.
- To lead by example & Demonstrate the SSE Values at all times. Instil SSE Values into the direct staff and subcontractors.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Considerable experience in an Asset Management and/or Operational leadership role associated to energy networks.
- Degree educated in engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
- Strong knowledge of Asset Strategies and operational delivery.
- Strong knowledge of energy management best practices, energy efficiency, and renewable technologies.
- Commercially excellent – with ability to spot what matters and bring clarity to efforts in the team.
- A full drivers license is required for this role.
About our Business
SSE Enterprise Utilities is the Distributed Energy (DE) and Private Networks business of SSE plc. We finance, own, operate and maintain energy infrastructure for commercial, industrial and residential customers - providing them with a market leading project development service and certainty of operational performance and asset management.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Zoe.Gillespie@sse.com / 01738 344072.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.