We're proud to be leading the way to provide the energy needed now, while building a better world of energy for tomorrow. To reach net zero by 2050, we're looking for people who can bring big ideas, new skills and innovative thinking to help us build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. There's never been a more exciting time to join SSE. As the UK and Ireland's national clean energy champion, we are investing £12.5bn by 2026 as part of SSE's net zero acceleration program. That equates to around £7m a day to be spent on critical low-carbon infrastructure needed in the net zero transition.
So join us on our journey to net zero. Help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Reading (please note that the successful candidate will be required to be in the Reading office 2-3 days per week with the rest of the time working from home)
Salary: £37,600 - £56,400 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
- Supporting all the business areas within the SSE Group, dealing with a wide variety of disputes under supervision.
- Generating procedures and processes to assist certain business areas in dealing with disputes and identifying risks.
- Working as part of a growing, ambitious Disputes Team which comprises of General Litigation, Construction and Claims across both Scotland and England.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- 0-3 years PQE.
- Relevant experience within dispute resolution (general litigation, property disputes, commercial disputes, personal injury, debt recovery) as well as good working knowledge of court processes and procedures.
- Ability to confidently manage a varied workload.
- Strong negotiation and drafting skills, including drafting court papers (claims, defences, witness statements etc).
- Excellent communication skills, providing clear, practical and commercially sound advice to all business areas within the SSE Group.
- Ability to build strong working relations with clients, external legal counsel and the wider legal team.
About our Business
Our in-house SSE Legal function operates across the SSE Group to ensure business actions and behaviours are aligned to business priorities, are legally sound, and reinforce a culture of integrity, quality, responsibility and ethical behaviour. We identify and rationalise legal risk, providing advice on both regulatory and statutory obligations, all whilst helping the business to achieve their strategic goals.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kimberlee on email@example.com / 01738 341523.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.