We're proud to have been a Principal Partner for COP26, the UN Climate Change Conference, and are leading the way to provide the energy needed now, while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
To reach net zero by 2050, we're looking for people who can bring big ideas, new skills and innovative thinking to help us build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
So join us on our journey to net zero. Help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Dublin
Salary: circa €69,000 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
As our Digital Development Lead, you'll manage the full CMS and mobile app development cycle, make technical decisions, communicate with relevant parties and transfer business requirements to technical solution. You'll help develop products safely and smoothly through the digital change process by ensuring maximum attention to solution design, development quality and integrity of overall development, test and release process. In this role you will:
- Oversee bi-monthly releases to primary retail website – maintenance, new projects etc.
- Take responsibility for the CMS system including development, solution design and implementation.
- Manage the delivery of CI/CD across the primary retail website, using Jenkins application, Confluence and Jira tools.
- Act as technical point of contact with hosting provider and key other vendor partners.
- Support mobile App development and overall development within the team including the training, management and supervision of junior developers.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Strong working knowledge of at least one OOP (Object-Oriented Programming) language with good proficiency in mobile development.
- Experience in version control systems, ideally SVN and GIT, with the ability to write clear and comprehensive documentation where required.
- Excellent understanding of frameworks such as AngularJS / jQuery, as well as with JS Unit, E2E test.
- Experience building responsive web applications and in working in an Agile environment.
- A background in developing websites or web applications for mobile devices (particularly HTML5) and a solid understanding of modern browsers, including browser testing and debugging.
About our Business
SSE Airtricity is Ireland's second largest and fastest growing energy provider, supplying around 800,000 domestic and commercial gas, electricity and home energy services customers in the Republic and Northern Ireland. At SSE Airtricity we believe in making energy better. Around 40% of the electricity SSE Airtricity supplies to its customers on an island basis is generated from renewable sources - the greenest energy supply of any provider on the island and over three times the average on an all-island basis.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Andy on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01738 340826.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?