About the Role
Base Location: Havant, Reading or Altrincham
Salary: £40,658 - £49,626 and a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time| Flexible First options available
The role of a DevOps Engineer is to build, test and maintain the infrastructure to allow for speedy development and release of software. Combining aspects of technical support and IT operations, ensuring the ongoing maintenance, and developed service improvements to, our core applications and products. With a level of guidance and support, apply your knowledge to the diagnosis and resolution of incidents, problems and in the development of technical solutions to satisfy business requirements.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team and collaborating with product leadership roles to deliver business outcomes in agile, DevOps environment.
- Deployment of application software and security certificates.
- Providing user, group, role permission management.
- Provisioning, configuring and maintaining platform infrastructure and tools for Dev, Test and production.
- Monitoring, analysing and resolving problems on infrastructure and systems.
- Apply secure by design principles and conform with security guidelines and guardrails.
What Do I Need?
- Experience in DevOps deployment on AWS/Azure/on-prem.
- Able to confidently communicate to all levels of the DevOps team and external stakeholders.
- Technical Support skills to identify causes of any production issues with the ability to resolve.
- Solid understanding of databases, data storage technologies, data ingestion ETL, user management AD etc, both on-prem and ideally cloud with some Application development experience.
- Experience with Agile and DevOps development methodology and concepts including CI/CD Coding, security testing best practice and standards.
About our Business
SSE Enterprise Utilities is the Distributed Energy (DE) and Private Networks business of SSE plc. We finance, own, operate and maintain energy infrastructure for commercial, industrial and residential customers - providing them with a market leading project development service and certainty of operational performance and asset management.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact David.Brickell@sse.com / 01738 275846.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.