Base Location: Flexible Scotland | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will however need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSE offices or depots across Scotland.
Salary: £33,500 - £50,300 depending on skills and experience + cash allowance + annual bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
Due to a period of growth, SSEN Transmission has an opportunity for a Development Safety & CDM Advisor to join the Capital Development & Delivery business working primarily with projects in the design and planning phase supporting safety in design.
The key duties & responsibilities will be:
- Provide proactive and pragmatic Safety & CDM advice and guidance to internal customers and projects, primarily in the design and planning phase.
- Working in close partnership with the Development Project Teams and CDM nominated Duty Holders, the Development Safety & CDM -Advisor will help to drive as well as influence Safety and CDM expectations through the design and planning from the start.
- Encourage the development and maintenance of Designer Risk Assessment with Design Risk Management processes implemented, confirming key decision making is being recorded.
- Assist those appointed to carry out the duties of Client, Principal Designer and Designer to develop the Project Specific Works Information and Pre Construction Information and confirm it is provided to the Principal Contractor or Contractor as appropriate.
- Working with the project teams during Development to ensure appropriate strategies are in place to effectively manage the co-ordination of ongoing design work.
- Regular review of Consultant RAMS in the Pre-Construction project phase in addition to appraisal of Principal Contractor CPP and safety management arrangements.
What do I need?
To be considered for the role, we will look for you to have:
- Experience of project H&S aspects in the electrical transmission industry and CDM regulations preferably in the design and planning phase and with a qualification in H&S or related discipline.
- Experience working with safety management system policies and strategies within an asset-intensive engineering environment.
- Detailed knowledge of qualitative and quantitative risk assessments techniques including demonstrable experience of the application of ALARP.
- Ability to determine the degree of statutory compliance and anticipate the potential impact of new legislation. Familiarity with the UK Regulatory and Business Environment.
-Strong internal and external stakeholder management skills to drive cross-business collaboration.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net-zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact: Debbie.email@example.com / 01738 342939.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal record and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?