SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Reading, Havant, Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen or Inverness
Salary: £60,203 - £69,982 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
SSE Energy Customer Solutions (ECS) strategy has identified Digital as a key capability to meet its objectives. The ECS Digital Team is expanding and needs a Delivery Manager to join our team to embed Agile delivery in ECS allowing us to deliver more through agile. This is a demanding and diverse role and your key responsibilities will include:
Working closely with cross functional teams to ensure requirements are designed, built and delivered in a fast-paced business environment, you'll be responsible for ensuring the team lives agile values and principles and follows agreed processes and prioritisation plans to deliver new functionality and capability.
You'll need to establish an effective working cadence for the team, owning and finding a way around any current and future obstacles in a timely manner for resolution. Mentoring and coaching the team in agile (Scrum/Kanban), best practices and strategies, rules and our tooling (Confluence/Jira/Azure DevOps), delivering BAU improvements, key Digital initiatives and applicable portions of corporate digital strategy, will be a major part of your role. You'll also be an active participant in the Scrum of Scrums, driving through improvements as we evolve to a faster better delivery organisation.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Work closely with cross functional teams to ensure requirements are designed, built and delivered in a fast-paced business environment.
- Coach team in agile best practices and strategies to improve the squad's performance against agreed KPIs.
- Facilitate estimation of delivery effort to drive team prioritisation planning.
- Mentor and coach all team members in Agile (Scrum/Kanban), practices, rules and our tooling (Confluence, Jira).
- Own issues and remove impediments to the squad's progress and escalate issues in a timely manner for resolution.
What do I need?
You'll have considerable experience delivering customer-facing or platform capabilities, where you've exemplified and promoted Agile values and principles.
The following skills and experience are essential:
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams of technical and business resources.
- Ability to maintain Sprint artefacts and reporting metrics including: estimation, velocity/progress and team performance, retrospection issues and risks, and handle communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- A strong understanding of technical & business environments for large-scale digital delivery with experience in removing impediments, increasing velocity & improving product quality.
- Ability to coordinate multiple Agile / non-Agile teams to deliver complex initiatives.
- A solid understanding of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe) with ability to coach agile and non-agile teams and foster continuous improvement and self-organisation.
About the Department
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security – we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Laura on firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 341814.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.