SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Havant or Reading
Salary: £64,291 - £78,474 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
We are embedding agility in our ways of working, building capability for a digital SSE of the future, meeting the needs of our customers in a new way.
The Cyber Security Delivery Lead will be responsible for leading solution development teams to realise the product roadmap and critical role for building capability within the relevant area. A vital part of the role is delivering the requirements as per the customer expectations.
They will be responsible for the end to end delivery of the product lifecycle and product roadmap via their delivery team through the use of best practice methodologies, ensuring effective control over costs and resourcing enabling the delivery of business outcomes.
Key to the role is to manage the operational aspects of the delivery teams, ensuring risk, legal, security and other compliance requirements are met.
The Cyber Security Delivery Lead will need to be focused on realising the products objectives, key results and other value targets defined on the product roadmap, with an ability to be adaptable to meet changing business environments. Collaborating closely with the Product Owner and Architecture Lead to ensure the product roadmaps have a right balance of delivering business outcomes, technology enablement and operational requirements. At times the Cyber Security Delivery Lead may be required to drive delivery across multiple pieces of work.
- Establish and maintain highly effective relationships with delivery teams, stakeholders at all levels and business teams to ensure that interfaces work correctly.
- Lead the delivery of technology solutions with focus on tangible business outcomes in accordance with the appropriate methodology.
- Management of 3rd parties, reviewing their performance, ensuring alignment with SSE ways of working and values, acting as a routine contact point between organisation and supplier.
- Manage cross product and external dependencies, ensuring activities are joined up from an operational and delivery point of view.
- Manage the delivery team across end to end product lifecycle to ensure that resultant systems/services deliver the specified outcomes, within budget and timescale.
- Provide regular updates against the defined outcomes to demonstrate performance and progress against the product roadmap.
- Work with delivery teams to ensure they are adopting and using appropriate methodologies and ceremonies effectively.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience of combined IT and security work experience, with dedicated experience delivering with Cyber Security.
- Demonstrable experience of running successful delivery with multiple delivery teams within IT and Cyber Security – have strong technical knowledge to provide delivery teams with support and guidance.
- Ability to provide leadership and focus for the delivery teams, building strong capability within relevant area.
- Is able to articulate the environment that supports SSE's Vision and Values, whilst encouraging innovation.
- Ability to manage complex delivery in a complex environment, potentially including applying remedial measures where appropriate.
- Experience in applying agile methodologies and supporting context, such as governance, process and culture across different levels of portfolio.
- High level knowledge of development processes, including but not limited to DevOps, Scrum, Kanban and lean development.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact David on David.Brickell@sse.com / 01738 275846.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.