About the Role
Base Location: Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen or Inverness
Salary: £37,600 - £56,400 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available.
What is the Role?
The Risk & Assurance team in SSEN Transmission provides the processes for identifying, assessing and controlling threats in line with the business risk appetite and ensures that reliable information is delivered to internal and external stakeholders through coordinated assurance activities.
We are seeking a specialist advisor on GDPR and Data Protection to provide support across business areas where personal data is handled to ensure compliance with the relevant regulations. The role holder will act as Data Protection Specialist within SSEN Transmission and will work closely with the Legal Data Protection team to advise on how to apply the regulations in practical terms when holding and utilising personal data.
In addition, you will support a wide range of assurance services in the SSEN Transmission business ensuring that we’re compliant with all regulatory, legal and stakeholder obligations through effective and timely risk-based assurance reviews and monitoring activities.
The duties and responsibilities of the Data Assurance Officer are:
- Leading on GDPR and information security across the transmission business areas including incident management, data sharing and subject access requests, privacy by design and records processing activities.
- Providing guidance on how to apply the regulations in practical terms when holding and utilising personal data.
- Undertaking assurance reviews to verify obligations and licence conditions are being met across the business and producing and communicating accurate reports reflective of findings.
- Assisting in the understanding, interpretation, and communication obligations and licence conditions relevant to the transmission business.
- Assisting with monthly and annual assurance reporting activities.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Knowledge of GDPR including the management and investigation of Data Subject Right requests, Data Protection Impact Assessments and potential data protection breaches.
- Experience in the practical implementation of Data Protection policies and procedures (including training and awareness).
- Experience in undertaking and reporting on risk-based assurance reviews.
- Qualified auditor / experienced professional with 3+ year’s relevant post qualification experience or qualified from having significant relevant company/industry and relevant up to date experience in a similar Assurance role.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Iona on email@example.com / 01738 344049.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.