We're proud to have been a Principal Partner for COP26, the UN Climate Change Conference, and are leading the way to provide the energy needed now, while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
To reach net zero by 2050, we're looking for people who can bring big ideas, new skills and innovative thinking to help us build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
So join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
Base Location: Reading and Havant
Salary: £46,319 - £61,175 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
You'll be responsible for monitoring the baseline security controls throughout SSE Group and reporting on exceptions as well as assisting in identifying control enhancements and ensuring implemented controls are providing risk mitigation within the wider business and security. Responsible for ensuring the Information Security Management System (ISMS) documents are kept up to date, reviewed and new documentation created as required, you'll also provide support on driving cyber risk awareness across the organisation and increasing the baseline security controls in line with the risk.
- Design, coordinate, oversee and execute regular and adhoc security testing procedures to verify the security of systems, networks and applications, and manage the remediation of identified control failures.
- Assist in designing security configuration and operations standards for security systems and applications, including policy assessment and compliance tools, network security appliances, and host-based security systems.
- Provide support and guidance for legal and regulatory compliance and audit remediation
- Consult with business units to support the development, planning and implementation of security controls for network, distributed and cloud security systems
- Report to management concerning control failures, vulnerabilities and other security exposures, including misuse of information assets and noncompliance
What do I need?
As a Cyber Risk and Information Security professional, you'll have advanced education in computer science, information systems or other related field alongside a good level of work experience in control assessment and management. You'll ideally have professional security management certification, such as a Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or similar supporting credentials.
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Knowledge and understanding of information controls concepts and principles, as a means of relating business needs to security controls
- In-depth knowledge of control assessment methods and technologies.
- Proficiency in performing control, business impact and vulnerability assessments.
- Team-oriented interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with key stakeholders of all levels, including suppliers and external agencies
- Excellent written and reporting skills.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact David.Brickell@sse.com / 01738 275846.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?