About the Role
Base Location: Belfast
Salary: c. £40,000 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
SSE Airtricity Gas supplies gas to over 150,000 customers across Northern Ireland and the Customer Service Team is responsible for providing a high quality of service to our customers across multiple engagement channels. We are on a journey of transformation and to this end we have an exciting new opportunity for a Customer Service Manager who will work closely with the wider Operations Team to innovate and evolve the team to drive greater engagement, create efficiencies and deliver award-winning customer experiences. In this role you will:
- Build a loyal and trusting workforce that operates with the customer at the heart of what they do. Continuously strive to deliver industry leading service standards.
- Focus on improving the department in innovative ways. Create a culture and teamwork system that brings out the best of what people have to offer and that inspires them to offer it.
- Refine and monitor overall performance of the contact centre and front office functions to ensure that all strategic priorities and KPI targets are achieved.
- Ensure sufficient measures and actions are in place for self-governance and compliance of the Company's policies and procedures. This includes safety, all statutory and legislative requirements, your own and others wellbeing and that these are regularly monitored to confirm adherence.
- Monitor teams for productivity and compliance whilst ensuring safety and quality audits are undertaken. This will result in all work complying with company policies, standards and legislation.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Demonstrable experience leading a team with an awareness of your own leadership / management style and how your behaviour affects performance and morale.
- The ability to have a positive influence on others and display a variety of styles to emotionally connect with your teams.
- The skills to take an analytical and factual approach to solving problems, resource allocation and implementing change. You’ll be able to think outside the box and create dynamic and innovative solutions to challenges.
- The ability to identify any skills and knowledge gaps promptly, to ensure the team can be upskilled quickly.
- A mindset that allows you to strive for continuous improvement and driving efficiencies, whilst still delivering high levels of customer satisfaction, loyalty and retention.
About our Business
SSE is a multinational energy company listed on the FTSE 100, with a vision “to be a leading energy company in a net zero world”. We’re investing in £24bn+ by the end of the decade to help deliver our Net Zero Acceleration Programme.
Part of SSE Plc, Energy Customer Solutions is the Customer facing division – providing energy and low carbon solutions to over 1.3million customers. We have a strong market position with great customer relationships and expert customer teams working in Belfast, Cardiff, Dublin, Perth, and Reading. Energy Customer Solutions is made up of 2 external brands; we operate under the brands SSE Airtricity (Ireland) & SSE Energy Solutions (GB).
SSE Airtricity is Ireland's second largest and fastest growing energy provider, supplying around 800,000 domestic and commercial gas, electricity and home energy services customers in the Republic and Northern Ireland. Around 40% of the electricity SSE Airtricity supplies to its customers on an island basis is generated from renewable sources - the greenest energy supply of any provider on the island and over three times the average on an all-island basis.
We have ambitious targets to help our customers on their journey to Net Zero by increasing the accessibility of green energy solutions through the provision of customer-driven propositions and we’re a partner to customers and stakeholders as they seek ways to respond to the climate crisis.
Help us power change.
What’s in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement (including public holidays), enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE’ to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Andy on email@example.com or 01738 340826.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.