We're proud to have been a Principal Partner for COP26, the UN Climate Change Conference, and are leading the way to provide the energy needed now, while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
To reach net zero by 2050, we're looking for people who can bring big ideas, new skills and innovative thinking to help us build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
So join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About our Role
Do you have a passion for delivering excellent service? Then this could be the role for you!
Base Location: Portsmouth & Havant
Salary: £22,178 - £29,290 pro rata depending on experience + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: 6 month Fixed Term Contract | Full Time, 37 hours | Flexible First options available however, must be able to commute to Portsmouth & Havant regularly.
We are looking for customer-focussed individuals to join our new and existing Connections application teams within our business who will have the following key responsibilities:
- Dealing with a wide range of customers via phone or email who have submitted and requested to have electricity connected to their new home, or asked for a part of the electricity network to be moved. From homeowners who are building their dream homes and need electricity connected, to property developers who need us to work with them to move cables coming into the property. Your role will be to hold their hand through the process, providing advice on their application registration, next best steps, and proactively providing updates on the progress of their project.
- Managing customer accounts by providing project updates.
- Attempting to resolve complaints at the first point of contact.
- Managing issues that arise for the customer and liaising with the wider business to resolve these.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we're looking for someone with a passion for customer service.
- You should be customer-focussed, putting the customer at the heart of everything you do. You'll be the voice of the customer in this role, so it's important you can champion what they need.
- You should enjoy problem-solving and be able to absorb a lot of information.
- There are some technical aspects of this role that our amazing team will support and train you in, so it's important that you have a thirst for knowledge and enjoy learning new things!
- Previous experience in customer service is essential for this role but other than that, we're simply looking for people who have a desire to learn something new, loves to talk with customers and be part of an exciting and growing part of our business.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 342939
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?