We're proud to be a Principal Partner for COP26, the UN Climate Change Conference, and are leading the way to provide the energy needed now, while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
To reach net zero by 2050, we're looking for people who can bring big ideas, new skills and innovative thinking to help us build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
So join us on our journey to net zero. Help us power change.
Base Location: Perth, Inverness, Aberdeen, Glasgow
Salary: £32,000 - £49,000 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
The key responsibilities of the Customer Connections Manager are:
- Ownership and responsibility of the Customer relationship across all SSEN Transmission activities, throughout the customer journey from pre-application to post connection. You will provide required information and advice to NGESO, customers and internal colleagues, seeking input from subject matter experts from across the business as appropriate.
- Managing contract milestones, preparing and taking action on reports of progress against milestones. Prioritise and manage own work flow, maintain accurate records, meeting minutes and ensure contracts are processed according to deadlines and standards.
- Responsible for ensuring all Connection Offers and Contracts are prepared and issued within License timescales to avoid significant penalty (0.5% of revenue in line with license obligations).
- Ensure that insights provided by customers are captured and analysed to provide recommendations for service or business improvement and/or strategic or policy decision making.
- Represent SSEN Transmission at UK wide industry forums & working parties and respond and contribute to discussions and consultations hosted stakeholders including: OFGEM, BEIS, National Grid, Scottish Renewables and All Energy Forum
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- A broad understanding of how the UK industry operates and is regulated is essential coupled with an in depth knowledge of statutory, regulatory & license requirements, industry wide codes & commercial arrangements.
- Detailed knowledge of the Transmission and Distribution operations and industry frameworks and organisation. Experience gained by spending a significant amount of time working within the organisation, another TO or DNO, or customer establishment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence others and excellent co-ordination, analytical and organisational skills. Comfortable with corporate IT systems and proficient skill at using Sharepoint, Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Conflict avoidance, management and dispute resolution experience and knowledge. Ability to chair and record meetings effectively.
- The ability to ask open questions, consider all options and make informed decisions, you should be confident in managing projects and comfortable challenging where appropriate
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 342939.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?