Base Location: Portsmouth
Salary: £19,778 - £26,120 + shift allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: 6 month fixed term contract | Full Time
What is the Role?
Our Customer Service Call Advisors are at the heart of our business; you’re often the first person our customers speak to, and so we need passionate, enthusiastic individuals like you to join our team.
1. Responsible for talking to our customers when they experience an issue with their electricity supply, providing them with regular updates, offering welfare and support for priority service customers.
2. Deal with customer complaints as the first point of contact and be responsible for maintaining a 1st class service to all our customers.
3. Produce high quality of work, paying close attention to detail, and intensely listen for customer vulnerability to ensure we comply with the industry regulations placed on us.
4. This role is shift work as we are a 24/7 business and therefore you'll be required to work between the hours of 6.30am to 11pm on a rota basis which includes bank holidays and a 1 in 6 standby requirements.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
1. Previous experience in a customer focused role, preferably with experience working within a contact centre environment.
2. A basic understanding of the Distribution Energy Sector would be a distinct advantage.
3. You will be required to communicate with a variety of different customers over the phone therefore excellent verbal communication skills are essential.
4. This is a busy role therefore it is important that you can prioritise and coordinate tasks to meet customer needs.
5. You should be able to demonstrate good team-working skills, including the flexibility to support colleagues, provide information to other teams and focus on delivery of customer service goals.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we’re ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life’s changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
Life at SSE
If you’re considering a career with us, you’re probably wondering what’s in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we’re proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we’re proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra ‘if it’s not safe, we don’t do it’.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com / 01738 340 128
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional analytics cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?