Base Location: Perth, Glasgow, Aberdeen or Inverness
Salary: £32,900 to £49,300 + performance-related bonus + car/car allowance and a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time or Part Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
Key responsibilities of the Consents & Environment Manager will include:
1. Secure Planning Permission and Electricity Act consents for Nationally significant electricity infrastructure projects (Planning Permission, Electricity Act and Environmental consents), negotiating challenging conditions with statutory authorities and submitting robust supporting information
2. Lead on and coordinate route and site optioneering to ensure all consenting and technical risks are understood and incorporated into selection studies.
3. Scope, coordinate and effectively deliver proportionate and robust Environmental Impact Assessments and appraisals.
4. Prepare consenting and environmental contract specifications and establish effective monitoring regimes to ensure compliance with consents and wider environmental in construction.
5. Develop, control and build mutually beneficial external stakeholder relationships (consenting bodies, statutory authorities, key consultees, and government departments)
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
1. Detailed knowledge of the Scottish Planning Process, Consenting regimes and Environmental Impact Assessment legislation
2. Demonstrable Project Management experience and understanding of major projects delivery e.g. project definition and set up, planning, cost, risk, quality and commercial management is essential to the success of this role. You should also have knowledge of financial planning for capital projects.
3. Experience of providing support to Queens Counsel and legal teams during public local inquiries and public hearings.
4. Ideally you will have a Town Planning or Environmental related degree, preferably with post graduate qualification coupled with experience in a relevant industry (e.g. infrastructure industry). Membership of an appropriate planning or environmental professional body is also desirable
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com / 0141 224 7197.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional analytics cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?