Base Location: Aberdeen
Salary: £30,272 - £35,194 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
About the Role
You will be responsible for:
- Responding to application requests for customers wishing to: have a new electricity connection, increase the size of their existing connection, install generation, or move the equipment supplying their property.
- This must be done within strict timescales, with a high degree of accuracy and provide the customer exceptional customer service with clear concise communication.
- You will be responsible for making engineering decisions on how best to provide the customer what they want, provide clear accurate drawings of what work we are proposing and compiling accurate costs and issuing quotations to customers.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience working with numbers with a high degree of accuracy.
- Be confident and produce high quality work, whilst working to strict deadlines.
- Ideally have a good understanding of electricity distribution and Power Systems networks.
- You'll have excellent communication skills and be able to talk to customers on a daily basis and have a passion for delivering the highest levels of customer service.
- In addition, you'll be good with computers including Microsoft services, with a knack for picking up new systems; knowledge of PROMIS and Electric Office packages would be advantageous although training would be given to the right individual.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Fiona on email@example.com or 01738 340954.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.