We're proud to have been a Principal Partner for COP26, the UN Climate Change Conference, and are leading the way to provide the energy needed now, while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
To reach net zero by 2050, we're looking for people who can bring big ideas, new skills and innovative thinking to help us build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
So join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Perth
Salary: £28,600 - £42,800 a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
We're looking for two Company Secretary Assistants to join our Company Secretarial Team, supporting the team as well as other key internal and external stakeholders as appropriate. The team has a unique position at the heart of the organisation, and you will gain exposure to the Board of Directors and the Senior Management team in addition to a range of other corporate functions and business areas.
Some of your main accountabilities will include:
- Preparation and filing of statutory forms and filing at Companies House and Companies Registration Office;
- Operating Diligent Entities company secretarial software and the maintenance of company records for SSE Group Subsidiaries;
- Assisting with the provision of effective meeting support to SSE Group Committees, as required, including the drafting and the timely issuance of minutes and actions;
- Assist with corporate and governance projects required to support the objectives of the Company Secretarial Team. This includes projects such as the annual report, annual general meeting and company restructuring;
- Filing, archiving and general administrative duties and supporting the team with any ad-hoc duties as required
What do I need?
This role would suit a graduate (or candidate of graduate calibre), ideally with work experience in a professional environment, who has a great work ethic and a desire to drive your career forward in the energy sector. We'll provide you with support towards your professional development, including support to study towards the qualification of a Chartered Governance Professional, through the Chartered Governance Institute.
We'd also love you to have:-
- A good understanding of the services delivered by a Company Secretarial team;
- Good systems knowledge, including Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, Teams), SharePoint and knowledge of Diligent Entities, GEMs or similar system would be desirable;
- An inquisitive nature, which is inclined to investigate, identify issues and solve problems.
- The ability to work on your own initiative, as well as ability to build and maintain relationships as part of a team
- Professionalism, integrity, good judgement and excellent communication skills
About our Business
Our Company Secretarial team is a small professional team which delivers a wide and varied range of responsibilities, including management of: Board and Committee Meeting Services; Corporate Governance; Listed and Group Company Compliance; Shareholders; Employee Share Plans; and Corporate Projects.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Jenna.Jackson@sse.com / 01738 341390.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?