About The Role
Base Location: Flexible, with regular presence in Glasgow; East Riding in Yorkshire; and in the North East of England.
Salary: c£35,000 £45,000 pro rata depending on skills and experience + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances, and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Part Time |18 hours per week
About the Department
This is an exciting role for a Community Engagement Manager to work on enhancing and protecting the reputation of SSE's Renewable business while working on some of the world's leading renewable energy assets and projects.
The successful candidate will play an important role in the development of the world's largest offshore windfarm, Dogger Bank.
You'll primarily take accountability for:-
- Engaging and communicating with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders, identifying, and understanding issues as well as proactively communicating updates related to renewable assets in construction or operation.
- Lead engagement with key external stakeholders e.g. local MPs, local councillors, local parish councils, local community members, and local media.
- Identifying opportunities and reputational risks, as well as creating and delivering a strategy for handing risks to positively influence stakeholders to achieve sustainable business outcomes.
- Build up a network of key internal contacts from the Renewables businesses as well as working closely with colleagues across all teams in Corporate Affairs, in order to best achieve SSE Renewable's business objectives.
- Support the development of integrated communications, public affairs, public relations and stakeholder engagement plans for SSE Renewables' assets in construction or operation, to ensure the smooth construction or operation of assets in line with business and project timelines.
What do I need?
To succeed in this role, you'll need to be able to demonstrate exceptional internal and external communication and stakeholder management skills, and the confidence to proactively interact with the general public and influence key stakeholders.
- A passion for renewables, demonstrated by a good understanding of the sector, the SSE renewables business and operations, and the environment we operate in.
- External interpersonal skills to initiate leads, build, improve maintain external contacts and establish strong working relationships to seek cooperation and influence or motivate others to solve problems.
- Experience of working with local and national journalists and supporting a range of communication channels.
- The ability to develop and deliver clear, concise and engaging written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to work to deadlines, manage a varied workload and work autonomously as well as part of a team.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 344755.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?