About the Role
Base Location: Flexible UK & Ireland | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSE offices or depots around the UK and Ireland.
Salary: Competitive + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The Commercial Modeller role is responsible for building commercial models and managing financial and commercial analysis for Distributed Energy (DE) projects, supporting business growth by modelling and appraising risk and return from our solutions and projects. This role supports senior commercial roles in both servicing the development teams with key commercial outputs for projects, but also ensuring that rigour is applied to proposals and investment papers.
- Build and manage financial models and assumptions registers for core DE propositions, working with all relevant teams and stakeholders, through the gate processes, in particular corporate finance.
- Deliver bespoke commercial and financial analysis for projects as required, supporting team with project negotiations.
- Manage commercial elements of new proposition development, in particular commercial appraisal modelling, and risk/opportunity analysis.
- Support senior commercial modellers with commercial elements of proposals to customers and stakeholders for projects.
- Become an expert in key market and commercial elements behind assumption registers, to help drive good decision making.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- A knowledge and awareness of the UK energy market, the operation of electricity networks and distributed energy/behind the meter generation and storage assets.
- A knowledge of financial modelling, with a focus on investment development and appraisal would be desirable.
- A strong commercial understanding is required, with experience of contract and project development desirable but not essential.
- Experience of either the construction or operation of electricity networks will be significantly advantageous.
- To succeed in this role you will need to be comfortable working on multiple projects at a time, with a continuous pipeline of projects being progressed through all stages of development. The ability to identify priorities according to deadlines is essential.
- This role would suit someone with some financial modelling or analytic experience looking to develop their existing skills and also expand their knowledge into a wider commercial modelling role.
About our Business
SSE Enterprise Utilities is the Distributed Energy (DE) and Private Networks business of SSE plc. We finance, own, operate and maintain energy infrastructure for commercial, industrial and residential customers - providing them with a market leading project development service and certainty of operational performance and asset management.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Natalie on Natalie.Clark@sse.com or 01738 275615.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.