SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Reading or Havant
Salary: £47,872 - £55,653 and a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
To support and participate in all aspects of the Service Asset & Configuration Management process, including development, governance, compliance, reporting and continual improvement.
- Ensure that the CMDB is maintained with up to date and accurate details of the IT infrastructure and application services delivered to multiple internal Business Unit customers.
- Maintain and develop CMDB integration with the CMS and other IT processes and functions.
- Identify ownership of all CMDB content, ensuring that responsibilities are understood and complied with.
- Ensure continued evolution of Dependency Mapping, in line with process roadmap and stakeholder requirements.
- Perform regular verification checks and audits to ensure integrity of data.
- Maintain Configuration Management Standards documentation.
- Investigate non-compliance to standards and escalate where necessary.
- Ensure all change to data is adequately validated and change controlled.
- Capture functional requirements of Configuration Management to support IT functions and processes.
- Facilitate the SACM customer satisfaction survey and produce associated measures to support service reviews.
- Identify and manage relationships with key stakeholders.
- Provide regular and ad-hoc reporting to various levels.
- Ensure regular review with other processes to increase process interoperability.
- Identify and exploit opportunities to increase the value of the SACM process to other IT and Business units.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Expert in the use of ServiceNow coding and configuration techniques.
- An excellent knowledge of CMDB and ServiceNow CSDM.
- Thorough knowledge of the drivers behind CMDB requirements associated with individual Business areas
- Strong Technical or functional experience, preferably gained in other organisations.
- Fluent communicator, both written and orally, with experience of dealing across same hierarchical tier.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact David on David.firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 275846.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.