SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, our SSE Renewables (SSER) business continues to be at the forefront of our growth plans, and our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
About the role
Base Location: Flexible UK, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading and Havant.
Salary: £32,600 - £48,800 depending on skills and experience + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
We have an exciting opportunity for a Climate and Carbon Analyst to join the SSE Renewables Sustainability team, supporting SSER’s commitment to embed sustainability across our operations.
Some of your main accountabilities will include;
- Providing expert technical support in the development and delivery of business carbon reduction plans and our contribution towards SSE’s Science Based Target.
- Contributing to SSE Renewables’ strategic thinking around the transition to net zero, including how this can be achieved in a socially fair and just way.
- Supporting delivery of projects related to the reduction of carbon emissions and climate risk adaptation across our operations and supply chain.
- Leading on the production of climate and carbon reports and communications (including contribution of content for annual reports, blogs, news releases, events and social media content).
- Implementing new business processes and approaches to deliver carbon reduction, climate resilience and wider sustainability benefits for a decarbonised energy future.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience in the quantification and accounting of business carbon footprints utilising recognised standards (e.g. GHG Protocol, ISO14064) and reporting in alignment with relevant frameworks (e.g. SECR, SBTi, TCFD).
- An understanding of applying management and climate risk assessment methodologies on infrastructure projects, with experience in CEEQUAL and/or PAS 2080 implementation highly desirable.
- A Degree level qualification in an analytical discipline, or previous relevant work experience in a similar role.
- A highly developed understanding of the commercial importance of climate and carbon to businesses, with an understanding of how these relate to wider environmental, social and economic impacts.
- Proven ability in report writing, good attention to detail and strong numerical and data proficiency skills, including experience in excel and other modelling systems.
- The drive and ability to positively influence and manage business change.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Pamela on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01738 342002.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.