About the Role
Base Location: Inverness, Perth, Glasgow or Aberdeen with frequent visits to Kergord, Shetland (circa twice a month, for 3 days per trip).
Salary: £44,100 - £66,100 + car /car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The Civils and HVDC Project Manager will:
- Work closely with the Construction Managers for the safe execution of the works to be undertaken by multiple contractors at Kergord, as well as the commissioning and grid connections on Shetland.
- Work on and support the planning and execution of the Kergord Convertor Station on Shetland, completing civils and assisting the HVDC technology equipment installation and commissioning.
- The Project Manager will work alongside other Package Managers (Kergord HVDC, Civils, Cables and AC Substation Project/Construction Managers and the Construction Interface Team) to ensure project site execution runs smoothly on the project.
- The Project Manager should also deliver in alignment to the SHE-Transmission RIIO-T2 Business Plan paying particular attention the 5 clear goals.
- The Project Manager will take responsibility for the project(s) following a handover from the Transmission Development Team after Gate 3 on the LCP process.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience of HVDC technology and installation and a good knowledge of Civil, Mechanical and Electrical works in relation to Switching Stations and Convertor Stations.
- You will have experience of either the Transmission industry, or construction, or the utilities sector on major projects coupled with thorough engineering and construction knowledge including applicable safety and CDM regulations is also essential to this role.
- Reporting and management requirements that come with such a role and have a proven track record in successful delivery and an understanding of developing and managing integrated project programmes.
- You will ideally have experience of personally being responsible for the delivery of large capital projects and have a good understanding of the tendering process for the purchasing and engagement of suppliers including multi-disciplinary contracts.
- Preferably you will be experienced in or have at least an understanding of the need to accurately control cost forecasting as well as being able to decipher; Industry legislation, Health and Safety Legislation and Company policies and procedures.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Debbie on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01738 342939.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.