About the Role
Base Location: Scotland| We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however, need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSE offices or depots around the UK and Ireland.
Salary: Up to £59,000 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Category Manager to join our Corporate Category Team. This is a great opportunity if you are seeking a dynamic environment where you will play a key role in the transformation and development of the Indirect spend categories.
As a Category Manager, you will:
Have a strong commercial acumen and a drive to bring synergies, efficiency and effectiveness to our Indirect category spend. You will be comfortable leading conversations with challenging stakeholders and driving complex procurement projects.
- Develop a Group strategy and value proposition which will transform the relevant Indirect categories for SSE.
- Drive and develop specific category insights and market intelligence for the initiatives that you lead, driving both efficiency and effectiveness;
- Manage a significant and disparate level of spend to ensure compliance, drive efficiencies, mitigate risk and drive down the total cost of ownership;
- Lead strategic, regulated sourcing projects, including strategy development, supplier negotiation, award recommendations, business case presentations and supplier contract execution.
- Develop strong relationships across the SSE Group by identifying and influencing key stakeholders and proactively building strategic relationships with our critical suppliers to drive innovation and maximise savings opportunities.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Demonstrated ability to manage the successful creation and execution of a category strategy within a 'regulated' environment – preferably across Fleet/ Plant or similar commodity area;
- Experience in managing a complex and diverse Indirect category and delivering value, preferably gained from working across a large, multi-site environment;
- Proven history of challenging the norm, driving transformational change and developing innovative solutions to deliver sustainable outcomes;
- A flair for engaging and influencing key stakeholders at all levels of business and an ability to articulate strategic approaches to multi-disciplined stakeholder groups;
- A degree or equivalent category management/ regulated procurement experience.
About our Business
At SSE, we own more than 500 property assets and several thousand land assets, which are located across the length and breadth of the UK and Ireland. Our Procurement & Commercial, Property and Facilities Management teams are responsible for helping the business to procure services and materials in a timely and cost-effective way, and for ensuring SSE offers a safe, modern, fit-for-purpose property portfolio. We work right across the SSE Group, ensuring our businesses gets the best possible service and value from our supplier network, as well as ensuring all service providers are compliant and continue to meet contractual obligations and business need.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Francesca.firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738344763.
As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?