We're proud to have been a Principal Partner for COP26, the UN Climate Change Conference, and are leading the way to provide the energy needed now, while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
To reach net zero by 2050, we're looking for people who can bring big ideas, new skills and innovative thinking to help us build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
So join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Thatcham
Salary: £36,836 - £48,648 depending on previous experience and skills + 10% skills allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
SSE are looking for a Cable Jointing Trainer, in this role you will support and guide trainees and apprentices with their practical skills and trade test assessments for the full range of Cable Jointing competencies.
The main responsibilities for this role will include;
- Providing theoretical knowledge as well as Operational Authorisation Rules and the provision of demonstrations and guidance to trainees in best practice jointing techniques.
- Preparing and developing training programmes will play a vital part of your role to ensure that all learning needs are met in a safe working environment.
- Training and assessing experienced Cable Jointers as part of their refresher courses and reassessment courses.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have;
- Excellent communication skills, both face to face and in writing will be pivotal to your success in this role as is the ability to build strong professional working relationships with a wide variety of colleagues at varying levels of development and professionalism.
- You must be highly organised with the ability to meet deadlines to allow you to plan and deliver the required training materials in a timely and proficient manner.
- Previous coaching/teaching/assessment experience in a similar environment would be beneficial, however full training will be given to candidates who hold the relevant technical skills and can evidence the right potential to become a successful Trainer.
- You must have current HV and LV jointing experience and should preferably hold or have held a DNO authorisation to support this.
- Qualifications to instruct and assess are a requirement of the role, however training will be provided (Level 3 Award in Education and Training and TAQA Assessor Qualification or equivalent) to a suitable candidate for development.
About our Business
SSE Human Resources is made up of several operational and specialist teams who strive to help the business to design, develop and deliver their people strategies. We partner with the business to provide expert advice on all people matters, enabling them to get the best out of their teams and equip them to meet the changing demands of our business now, and in the future.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Natalie.Clark@sse.com / 01738 275615.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?