SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, our SSE Renewables (SSER) business continues to be at the forefront of our growth plans, and our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
About the Role
Base Location: Glasgow or Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK or Ireland sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading, Havant, Belfast or Dublin.
Salary: £51,600 to £77,400 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
This is an exciting opportunity to join SSE Renewables Offshore Projects Services team as the Business Planning Manager, responsible for supporting the development and construction of an investment portfolio of Offshore Wind Capital Projects, to drive significant Business Growth across GB, Ireland and Internationally.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Business Planning: support the Head of Project Services with preparation, development and management of the 10 Year Project Pipeline / Strategic Business Plan and internal/external reporting.
- Budget: support the Head of Project Services and Capital Projects Director with preparation, development, and management of the annual budget for Capital Projects for Headcount, Capital Expenditure and Overhead requirements.
- Governance, Management Reporting & KPIs: able to distil and consolidate complex data across the projects and produce clear and concise Executive Management Reporting information for decisions.
- Workforce Planning: Support the Head of Project Services with provision of effective Workforce Planning across the Renewables Capital Projects Portfolio, managing the Consolidated Resource Forward Load on a monthly basis, ensuring headcount budget is managed within budget and highlighting any resource gaps and issues.
- Risk Management: support the Head of Project Services in developing best practice Risk and Opportunity Management practices across Capital Projects, supporting the project teams, and ensuring effective capability, tools, and processes across Capital Projects Portfolio.
- Bids Planning: support the Head of Project Services and Bids Director to ensure that effective project plans are established and managed for each bid across Capital Projects.
- Document Control: ensure best practice tools and processes for Project Document Control across Capital Projects.
- Managed Services Provider: support the Head of Project Services and Capital Projects Director with management of our MSP/Guidant, for management of temporary resources (contingent workers) and act as central point of contact for HR and Project Managers/Directors to provide guidance on process.
What do I need?
To be successful in this role, you should be an experienced Business Planning / PMO / Project Controls professional with > 5 years’ experience leading Project Services on Large Capital Projects and leading multi-disciplinary teams within a large fast paced business environment.
We are looking for someone with significant experience and subject matter expertise in Business Planning, PMO / Project Controls (e.g. Business Plans, Risk, Budgeting, Cost Control, Workforce Planning, Project Management, Governance, and Management Reporting), but more importantly, you'll need outstanding people and stakeholder management skills. The candidate should be degree qualified in a relevant discipline (Business, Engineering, etc.), and demonstrate significant planning and project management expertise and understanding of major projects delivery (e.g. project definition and set up, planning, cost, risk, and commercial management).
This role requires proven ability in negotiating and influencing across all areas of the business, but more so at senior stakeholder level. Your capability to bring people on board, manage change and show them what good looks like will be essential to your success in this role.
You will pride yourself on being an innovator and won't be afraid to do things differently in order to improve efficiencies and performance.
You will be results oriented, with attention to detail and a drive to succeed.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com or 01738 275199.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.