About the Role
Base Location: Belfast
Salary: £26,000 - £39,000 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: 12-month Fixed Term Contract | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
As our Business Improvement Analyst, in this role you will:
- develop business KPI management reports, translating data into actionable insights / recommendations / key trends for improvement
- participate in business process analysis projects and tasks and independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation
- provide advice and guidance in completing the design & build of Power BI reports and dashboards for other business users developing their own Power BI reports
- design and develop effective dashboard UX and designs, with utilisation of Power BI navigation features, to ensure optimal user experience and that accessibility requirements are met
- manage the full lifecycle of complex business intelligence projects from discovery, estimation, development, testing, deployment, and post-implementation review
- work closely with your colleagues and key business stakeholders, to gather and document key functional requirements of identified needs, to ensure new reports / models / dashboards fully support business and regulatory requests
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- significant experience in creating custom Power BI dashboards and reports and connecting Power BI with SharePoint, Teams and Outlook using Power Automate to automate daily dashboards
- a working knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies (Six Sigma, Lean, Kaizen) would be advantageous
- good personal effectiveness, managing workload and supporting colleagues within the project teams, where you set expectations, track and communicate results, and embrace an environment for accountability for results and actions
- experience from a similar role in supporting business critical Reporting and Control, in a medium / large organisation
- the ability to take ownership of problems / requests and work in a pressurised environment
About our Business
SSE is a multinational energy company listed on the FTSE 100, with a vision “to be a leading energy company in a net zero world”. We’re investing in £24bn+ by the end of the decade to help deliver our Net Zero Acceleration Programme.
Part of SSE Plc, Energy Customer Solutions is the Customer facing division – providing energy and low carbon solutions to over 1.3million customers. We have a strong market position with great customer relationships and expert customer teams working in Belfast, Cardiff, Dublin, Perth, and Reading. Energy Customer Solutions is made up of 2 external brands; we operate under the brands SSE Airtricity (Ireland) & SSE Energy Solutions (GB).
SSE Airtricity is Ireland's second largest and fastest growing energy provider, supplying around 800,000 domestic and commercial gas, electricity and home energy services customers in the Republic and Northern Ireland. Around 40% of the electricity SSE Airtricity supplies to its customers on an island basis is generated from renewable sources - the greenest energy supply of any provider on the island and over three times the average on an all-island basis.
We have ambitious targets to help our customers on their journey to Net Zero by increasing the accessibility of green energy solutions through the provision of customer-driven propositions and we’re a partner to customers and stakeholders as they seek ways to respond to the climate crisis.
Help us power change.
What’s in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE’ to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Andy on email@example.com or 01738 340826.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.