Base Location: Flexible Scotland
Salary: £38,600 - £58,000 depending on skills and experience + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
Reporting into the Head of Business Development (UK & Ireland) you'll be accountable for identifying, evaluating and delivering renewable opportunities in the UK & Ireland that are consistent with SSE Renewables' strategic goal of creating value in a sustainable way. The role will initially focus on the development of green hydrogen projects.
Some of your other main responsibilities will include:-
- Identifying attractive investment/acquisition opportunities and developing these into presentable and viable projects. This includes identifying and delivering opportunities for the production and storage of hydrogen from renewable assets, including via partnerships with third parties.
- Evaluating investment/acquisition opportunities, including overseeing the due diligence process; valuation and business case preparation, and making recommendations as to whether to progress.
- Understanding the renewable energy market, including the role of hydrogen in the energy market and the policy framework for it in the UK & Ireland and how this fits with SSE Renewables' strategy.
- Developing relationships in the energy market e.g. project developers; off takers and advisers to identify opportunities.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:-
- Experience or understanding of the renewable energy market and renewable project development.
- A degree level qualification or equivalent substantial experience in energy or a related market.
- Commercial awareness, including the ability to interpret and evaluate commercial information provided by external parties, allowing you to decide whether to progress with opportunities.
- Experience and understanding of the financial and commercial assessment of projects. The ability to lead such assessments; to challenge valuations; assess valuations against comparators in the market; and make recommendations on whether to proceed with a project.
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to build good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
About our Business
SSE Renewables is a leading developer and operator of renewable energy, with growth ambitions to treble our renewable energy output by 2030. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets across the UK, Ireland and internationally. As our ambitions and projects grow, so do our teams, meaning we can offer a great selection of opportunities, training and development to support your career.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com / 01738 342002.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional analytics cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?