About our Business
SSE Thermal is on a mission to deliver the flexible energy needed today while powering the transition to net zero. Our 600+ employees play a crucial role in keeping the lights on across the UK and Ireland and we're rising to the low-carbon challenge with our teams at the cutting-edge of vital technologies. We're developing ground-breaking carbon capture and storage projects and progressing plans for what could be the world's first hydrogen-fired power station, as well as a major hydrogen storage facility and exploring other exciting options as we decarbonise. We've already achieved a lot - but we're just getting started. As part of SSE, which is investing £24bn this decade, we're at the forefront of the energy transition - so come join us as we continue to grow and power change.
To find out more, read this blog from Catherine Raw, our Managing Director, on our critical role in delivering net zero.
About the Role
Base Location: Dublin / Great Island
Salary: €54,900 - €82,200 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Analyst to join our Thermal Business. Working closely with the Business Development Manager, your role will be central in providing analytical support and enabling the team to engage with the market and future drive opportunities.
- Support Business Development Manager in the assessment of new opportunities aligned with SSE Thermal strategy.
- Responsibility for drafting focused and well-evidenced papers that illustrate an ability to interpret the direction of the market context across multiple horizons of opportunity.
- Collaborate with colleagues across SSE Thermal including Technology, Strategy and Corporate Affairs to identify where value can be built and retained in respect of clean, dispatchable power generation technologies.
- Input to and draft high-quality executive papers on team activities providing clear and concise updates.
- Lead through example by demonstrating exemplary behaviours in all aspects of the role and act as an ambassador for SSE SHE policies, values and culture both internally and externally
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Ability to quickly identify market drivers, key players and trends showing strong intelligence on energy market trends and activities, competitor activity and strengths.
- A minimum of degree level education in business, maths, engineering preferred, candidates with relevant experience with further education qualifications will also be considered.
- Strong problem-solving skills, creative in delivering results, finding ways around obstacles and identifying new opportunities.
- Ability to write and structure effective papers and presentations to communicate strategic proposals, business plans, budget papers and commercial opportunities.
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Hannah on firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 341147.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.