SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible, but principally based in Glasgow or Perth.
Salary: £37,600 - £56,400 + car / allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available.
The Property and Facilities Management Directorate [P&FM] is made up of Property Services, Property Projects, Energy Efficiency and Facilities Management teams. Facilities Management are responsible for the day-to-day management of SSE’s FM Managed Estate, whilst also providing compliance and support services to the wider SSE built-environment and on occasion, support to other aspects of the P&FM Team.
- Project Management of construction and refurbishment projects within the Facilities Management Team [FM], totalling £1-2m per annum. Will include all aspects of project planning, scoping, budgeting, contractor management, stakeholder engagement and reporting, snagging and the like from inception to completion.
- Taking the lead on management of Facilities Management Planned Preventative Maintenance data, including coordinating the updating of survey data (post project completion and regularly to ensure up to date), validation of data within our CAFM system, working with the wider FM team to assist with project identification and budget planning.
- Undertake core Building Surveying services to support both FM and the wider Property and FM Directorate [P&FM] as and where required – including additional project management duties over and above annual FM projects; technical / building pathology advice; dilapidations advice; preparation of schedules of condition; amongst other core Building Surveying services.
- Work closely with Head of Facilities Management / FM Leadership Group to ensure that processes and procedures are fit for purpose from a H&S perspective; including the procedures and provision of completion documentation for all projects. Work closely with Regional and Site FM Managers and P&FM Finance to develop capital expenditure budgets, cost plans and the like. Work with SSE procurement to ensure that contractor and consultant frameworks are fit for purpose and continuously reviewed.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, with a minimum 2-3 years Post Qualified Experience.
- A degree in Building Surveying (BSc (Hons) or similar).
- Commercial Building Surveying experience, with demonstrable experience in all core Building Surveying service areas.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Be able to demonstrate that you can work independently, but also contribute within a team environment.
About our Business
Our SSE Finance function has a key part to play in fulfilling SSE's obligations as a UK-listed company, providing expertise and services that can be shared across the SSE Group, and working in partnership with all businesses to provide services tailored to their specific needs. SSE operates in a highly regulated and increasingly competitive environment, and our role is to ensure that we gather, compile, analyse and recommend on the financial strategy for our businesses, identifying opportunities to drive efficiencies and create value for SSE now, and in the future.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com/ 01738344763.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.