Base Location: London & South East (within M25 & Surrounding Counties)
Salary: Competitive + company car/cash allowance, performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | with flexible working options available
What is the Role?
We've a new opening for an experienced and highly motivated BMS/BEMS Support Engineer to join our growing team covering Greater London and South East.
A varied role, you could be carrying out scheduled maintenance activities one day at a major hospital, to upgrading controllers at a pharmaceutical site or initiating an energy reduction initiative the next.
We're a regional business and as such you'll be working across Greater London and South East, so if you are looking to reduce your time away from home and long days through travel then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Responding to various customer service calls, whether they be emergency or scheduled, on site or remotely, you'll carry out full checks, analyse and diagnose problems through testing and interrogating Customers BMS
- Delivering exceptional levels of client/customer service, discussing the best course of action, working as a team with those customers to help deliver a Best in Class Service
- Confidently identify actions/equipment required and providing timescales around the resolution and highlighting any potential improvement or upgrade opportunities.
- Providing customers with written service reports & field quotes on a daily basis; and your line manager will require timesheets and other necessary weekly information (like expenses) which must be delivered in a timely manner, so being highly organised is a key element of the role
What do I need?
We value all BEMS and HVAC experience and believe that a good engineer will quickly pick up the skills to support any system however we’re ideally seeking applications with a high level of understanding of the following systems –
We’d also love you to have:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to maintain a collaborative working environment with all stakeholders, including customer and external service providers
- Excellent customer service levels with a professional approach, and a dedication to meeting customer expectations, including delivering technical support, coaching and direction
- An agile working approach with flexibility to support on call rota structure
- As you will be traveling to different sites its essential that you hold a full driving licence.
About our Business
https://sseenergyoptimisation.co.uk/ design, install, monitor, maintain and optimise Building Energy Management Systems as part of SSE’s Distributed Energy division developing Energy Control solutions for smart places – Cities, Campuses and Industrial buildings.
Working alongside our colleagues across SSE, we provide some of the most critical building and energy generation services required in a Zero Carbon world – renewable energy generation – including solar PV and battery storage solutions, heat networks, and electric vehicle charging infrastructure.
Life at SSE
If you’re considering a career with us, you’re probably wondering what’s in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we’re proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days),enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we’re proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra ‘if it’s not safe, we don’t do it’.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
Read more about our inclusion and diversity commitments here.
All applications should be submitted online, it doesn’t take long.
If you would like a confidential informal discussion about this role before applying, to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 342 298 - no agencies please
I'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional analytics cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?