Base Location: Reading, Havant, Perth and Glasgow
Salary: £51,946 - £68,603 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
To analyse system requirements and to design, test, code and modify very complex programmes and scripts to agreed company standards. Undertakes technical leadership (high level business analysis and application design) and co-ordination on projects, and/or system maintenance tasks. Defines development standards in line with specifications.
To join a team of developers working in Agile to develop and support a new data platform using event driven architecture.
- Support the planning and implementation of data platform services including sizing, configuration, and needs assessment
- Applying best practice data management, data ingestion, capture, processing and curation
- Apply your Agile full software development life cycle experience from a Data Engineering perspective to complex projects
- Working on Cloud Migration using Azure Data Factory, Data Migration Service, SSIS, Event Hub, Kafka
- Apply your event driven architecture experience to scaled complex projects
- Managing a team of Analyst Programmers (Optional)
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Extensive hands-on experience implementing data migration and data processing using Azure services with experience of at least 3 of the following: ADLS, Azure Data Factory, Azure Functions, Synapse/DW, Azure SQL DB, Event Hub, IOT Hub, Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Analysis Service, HDInsight, Databricks, Azure Data Catalog, Cosmos Db
- Experience in Cloud Migration Methodologies and Processes with experience using some of: Azure Data Factory, Data Migration Service, SSIS, Event Hub, Kafka
- Experience in integrating analytics models/parameters into an Event Platform / Event driven architecture
- Data Management experience including data ingestion, data capture, data processing and data curation using some of the following: Kafka, StreamSets, Attunity, GoldenGate, Map Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Cassandra, Spark
- Experience in any programming languages used for analytics such as R/R Studio and Python
- With any of the following an added benefit but not essential: Power BI, Tableau, data modelling, data governance, MDM, Data Quality, DP-200 Implementing an Azure Data Solution Certification, DP-201 Designing an Azure Data Solution Certification
About our Business
SSE Business Energy's core business is supplying energy in a reliable and sustainable way to over 500,000 business customers in the UK ranging from start-ups to large national corporates. Through leveraging the strengths of the SSE Group SSE Business Energy is able to support our customers to adopt a sustainable business approach through the provision of renewable energy, energy optimisation services and advice on how to use sustainability to drive business advantage. We work in partnership with all our customers to ensure that they are maximising the value from their energy contract and are using energy as a value generating asset that can influence better planning, greater cost control, improved working and product environments, reduced carbon footprint, stronger brand equity and more engaged staff.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact David.Brickell@sse.com / 01738 527846.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional analytics cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?