Base Location: Sites throughout Argyll & Bute, Highlands, Perthshire
Salary: £19,778 - £26,120 depending on skills and experience + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
What is the Role?
Our multi-disciplined teams are responsible for the day to day operation, maintenance and repair of our Hydro Generation plant to ensure it is kept in a safe and efficient state. In this role you will:
1. Assist with the safe operation and maintenance of fixed plant and associated water catchment area
2. Conduct safety inspections and operational checks on hill catchment, in power stations and on dams
3. Be responsible for the maintenance of catchment ditching, buildings, grounds, operational plant and equipment at various sites
4. Keep all our assets, plant and premises to a high standard of operational effectiveness, safety and cleanliness
5. Carry out environmental inspections within hill catchment areas and train to operate Civil Generation plant
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, you’ll be a practical person and we’d love you to have:
1. Basic trade skills, with the ability to demonstrate knowledge of civil maintenance works including ditching, road repairs, grounds and building maintenance
2. Effective communication and team working skills, as you will be interacting with the public and colleagues at all levels within the business
3. An enthusiastic, resilient and flexible nature, as you will be working outside in all weather conditions and it may be necessary to conduct duties out with normal working hours
4. The ability to operate computer systems and become proficient using company software applications
5. A full driving licence due to the location of some of our sites
Applicants should ideally reside or be prepared to relocate to within 20 miles of their base location. We have a number of roles throughout our Hydro areas and locations can include the following power stations / sites: Glendoe, Dundreggan, Clunie, Striven, Loch Gair, Sloy, Culligran and Contin.
About our Business
SSE Renewables is a leading developer and operator of renewable energy, with growth ambitions to treble our renewable energy output by 2030. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets across the UK, Ireland and internationally. As our ambitions and projects grow, so do our teams, meaning we can offer a great selection of opportunities, training and development to support your career.
Life at SSE
If you’re considering a career with us, you’re probably wondering what’s in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we’re proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we’re proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra ‘if it’s not safe, we don’t do it’.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Andy on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional analytics cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?