SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, our SSE Renewables (SSER) business continues to be at the forefront of our growth plans, and our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible Ireland, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Belfast, Dublin, Galway or Omagh
Salary: Up to €82,200/£60,200 depending on skills and experience + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: 12 Month Fixed Term Contract | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the role?
Our Onshore Development team is responsible for developing and building new renewables assets with a focus on maximising the value of our current pipeline, whilst pursuing new complementary technologies.
Sitting within the Ireland Onshore Project Team, your role will involve:
- Assisting the Development or Construction Project Managers in managing any aspect of the project development process or the construction phase as the case may be.
- Working with Consents, Planning, Land, Engineering, Energy Analytics, Financial and Legal and other experts within the business in the assessment of opportunities, in development, refinement and delivery of the projects.
- Collaborating with 3rd party consultants, local authorities, the Scottish Government and joint venture development partners.
- Developing in the role and accruing the skills and experience to become a Project Manager.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience in large project / project development environments, preferably from within the energy market.
- Knowledge of either planning or consenting processes would be highly beneficial.
- A degree level qualification, or demonstrable equivalent work experience, in a technical, commercial or legal discipline
- The ability to manage varied work streams and budgets across a variety of disciplines, showing strong numerical and analytical skills to deliver business cases.
- A passion for problem solving and thinking flexibly and laterally to find innovative solutions, whilst adhering to a quality assured process.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone motivated in starting or furthering a career in project management.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com or 01738 342002.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.