We're proud to be a Principal Partner for COP26, the UN Climate Change Conference, and are leading the way to provide the energy needed now, while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
To reach net zero by 2050, we're looking for people who can bring big ideas, new skills and innovative thinking to help us build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
So join us on our journey to net zero. Help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Perth, Glasgow, Aberdeen or Inverness
Salary: £41,000 - £54,000 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
We are currently recruiting for an Asset Systems and Digital Engineer to join the Asset Management team.
The key responsibilities are:
- Managing and developing systems to meet our data governance and digital standards
- Responsible for developing and managing asset management & operations' digital systems and various processes that underpin our delivery; developing requirements for proof of concept and development activities, developing business cases; and supporting digital projects right though delivery.
- Work will range from enhancing our existing systems and tools such as Maximo, ArcGIS, Vault, agile proofs of concepts, up to multidisciplinary projects with teams comprising digital, business users, IT and third parties.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- You'll have experience in data analytics, data modelling, data and digital systems with a proven background in process improvement that will allow you add value straight away. However, the ambition to build your skills and knowledge is essential.
- You should have a strong understanding of energy sector and essentially, you will be passionate about SSEN Transmission and its goals, and to be keen to support digitalisation across Asset Management & Operations directorate.
- Experience of working with Maximo, GIS, Vault, BIM etc and developing business cases. User Acceptance Test development and management and User Story development experience.
- Agile and scrum solution development practices and LEAN/Six Sigma experience.
- Systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to requirements gathering, documenting and analysis and the ability to provide information in a logical and consistent manner.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com / 01738 342939
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?