Base Location: Havant
Salary: Circa £23,000 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | 43 hours a week, shift patterns covering days and nights. The Alarm receiving Centre is a 24-Hour Operation.
What is the role?
Group Security and Investigation staff provide an integral part of protecting SSE's assets. The Alarm Receiving Centre (ARC) is a modern, purpose-built control room ensuring 24-hour coverage for the reporting and managing of all forms of security incidents.
- The ARC is responsible for the security of over 750 operational assets, 650 Intruder and Fire systems and over 4000 cameras.
- You will be part of a team ensuring the smooth running of the electronic physical security systems deployed across the SSE estate in the UK and Ireland to maintain a safe and secure working environment for all staff, contractors and visitors.
- You must be able to concentrate, especially during periods of intense activity, and have excellent observation skills.
- You will also be answering emergency calls, making decisions within guidelines, and taking the relevant action to deal with the call appropriately.
- The ability to work calmly and effectively when dealing with emergency situations, viewing of sensitive images, or dealing with concerned parties over the phone forms a significant part of the role.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Clear, effective communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional concentration, good attention to detail and will possess excellent customer service skills.
- Good organisation and efficiency as you will be expected to multi-task and remain focused for long periods of time.
- The ability to evaluate a situation under pressure using good judgement skills and dynamic decision making.
- A high level of IT skills is necessary as the work involves using the CCTV and Alarm handling software and equipment, as well as Microsoft Office.
- Understanding of security systems and applications used within this environment would be advantageous but not essential.
About our Business
SSE Human Resources is made up of several operational and specialist teams who strive to help the business to design, develop and deliver their people strategies. We partner with the business to provide expert advice on all people matters, enabling them to get the best out of their teams and equip them to meet the changing demands of our business now, and in the future.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kimberlee at email@example.com or on 01738 341523.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.