About the Role
Base Location: Belfast
Salary: £20,400 - £30,600 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: 12-month Fixed Term Contract | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
Our Accounts Receivable Specialist will support the business in preparation for transition from our current Customer Record Management system, HiAffinity, to a new Junifer platform in 2023. You’ll undertake analysis of specific control reports and projects and provide prepayment meter, cash and control account reconciliation analysis, ensuring alignment between HiAffinity, bank accounts and control reports. You’ll work closely with Finance and all Back Office teams to assist in the delivery of targets and compliance obligations through ensuring appropriate processes, controls and reporting in a robust control environment.
In this role you will:
- Assist AR with ongoing reconciliations of suspense/cash files/bank and streamline queries identified through bank recs to investigate anomalies and ensure stronger control within the area
- Investigation of prepayment meter data including customer accounts and the suspense account and validating with business/Finance to agree resolution of queries and final settlements as required
- Review position of closed credits (Domestic and Commercial) on CRM to help determine options
- Support Operations in developing processes and plans to migrate to new billing system
- Support management information reporting and analysis of data and Hi Affinity including Security Deposits, Cheque Refunds, Siemens Suspense Cash, PPM Transactions, AGNI Suspense Account and Closed Accounts
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Excellent attention to detail, with a tenacity to investigate variances fully
- Good knowledge and understanding of CRM systems such as Hi Affinity, particularly with respect to customer accounting and financial controls with strong Excel skills
- Great communication skills and ability to develop effective working partnerships and support channels with all teams to drive improvement and complete projects
- The ability to work proactively on your own initiative to tackle whatever is required to see projects through to completion and provide regular updates on progress
- A background in delivering accurate and reliable analysis and reports to required deadlines
About our Business
SSE is a multinational energy company listed on the FTSE 100, with a vision “to be a leading energy company in a net zero world”. We’re investing in £24bn+ by the end of the decade to help deliver our Net Zero Acceleration Programme.
Part of SSE Plc, Energy Customer Solutions is the Customer facing division – providing energy and low carbon solutions to over 1.3million customers. We have a strong market position with great customer relationships and expert customer teams working in Belfast, Cardiff, Dublin, Perth, and Reading. Energy Customer Solutions is made up of 2 external brands; we operate under the brands SSE Airtricity (Ireland) & SSE Energy Solutions (GB).
SSE Airtricity is Ireland's second largest and fastest growing energy provider, supplying around 800,000 domestic and commercial gas, electricity and home energy services customers in the Republic and Northern Ireland. Around 40% of the electricity SSE Airtricity supplies to its customers on an island basis is generated from renewable sources - the greenest energy supply of any provider on the island and over three times the average on an all-island basis.
We have ambitious targets to help our customers on their journey to Net Zero by increasing the accessibility of green energy solutions through the provision of customer-driven propositions and we’re a partner to customers and stakeholders as they seek ways to respond to the climate crisis.
Help us power change.
What’s in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE’ to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Andy on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01738 340826.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.