Base Location: Belfast (plus given the flexible working options we have available, we will welcome applications from across Northern Ireland).
Salary: from £19,000 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: 6 Month Fixed Term Contract | Full Time | Flexible working options available including working from home opportunities with training currently being delivered online
What is the Role?
At SSE Airtricity our customers and our employees are our priority and we're currently recruiting for an Accounts Receivable Administrator in our gas business to join our growing team. Our core hours are 08:30 – 17:00 Monday to Thursday and Friday 08:30 – 16:30. We do not require evening or weekend work.
Working in our Accounts Receivable team, in this role you will: -
- Ensure all cash received into the business, including Pay As You Go transactions, Direct Debits, card payments, cheques & cash are processed accurately on a daily basis and within agreed timescales
- Work to resolve colleague's and customer's queries in a timely and professional manner to prevent issues arising or complaints being received
- Process customer refunds via cheque, BACS and voucher within compliance related timescales
- Support the setup, amendment and cancellation of Direct Debits within BACS regulation guidelines
- Support the entire AR function in processing all transactions, including completing various weekly and monthly account reconciliations, actioning reports and providing excellent customer service.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience working in similar customer accounts or financial environment using MS Office suite and strong excel skills
- Strong numerical skills with good attention to detail; can provide accurate work
- Experience of being an effective team player with good communication skills
- A hands-on flexible approach with the ability to multitask, prioritise your workload and work on your own initiative
- A willingness to resolve issues and ability to interact with colleagues and customers well to help resolve customer enquiries as quickly as possible.
About our Business
SSE Airtricity Gas Supply (NI) is the largest gas supplier operating in Northern Ireland. supplying natural gas to a growing customer base of over 183,000 customers, both commercial and domestic. In addition, SSE Airtricity supplies over 180,000 electricity customers in Northern Ireland.
As a wholly owned subsidiary of FTSE 100, SSE PLC, the wider group is responsible for the development and operation of some of the largest renewable generation assets in UK and Ireland, a portfolio of thermal power stations, strategically important electricity distribution and transmission businesses and successful UK and Ireland energy retail businesses.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted via the Apply Now button on our advert and after submitting your details, you’ll be asked to complete an online test which will assess some of the skills required in this role.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Andy on email@example.com or 01738 340 826.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?