About the Role
Base Location: Dublin
Salary: circa €45,000 depending on experience + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
SSE Airtricity Ireland has an opening for an Accounts Payable Manager.
The Accounts Payable Team Manager (APTM) will be responsible for the processing and prompt payment of invoices and other payment requests across various Operating Units.
They will manage a team of 4 FTE encompassing:
- Invoice verification and validation (including exception handling)
- Telephony support
- Payment Processing
In this role your main responsibilities will include:-
- Being one of the key escalation contacts for all invoice and payment issues.
- Responsible for the successful onboarding of all change that results in efficiencies within the AP Operation and improvement to payment performance.
- Working with the Accounts Payable Management team to ensure risk to payment performance is minimised.
- You will be responsible for creating a team culture where change is embraced and sustained.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience of managing a high performing Accounts Payable Team
- Extensive knowledge of Accounts Payable procedures
- Extensive knowledge of Irish and UK Tax, including RCT.
- Demonstrable experience in managing customers effectively, including a range of stakeholders
- High level of self-motivation with the ability to work within an environment subject to change
About our Business
Our SSE Finance function has a key part to play in fulfilling SSE's obligations as a UK-listed company, providing expertise and services that can be shared across the SSE Group, and working in partnership with all businesses to provide services tailored to their specific needs. SSE operates in a highly regulated and increasingly competitive environment, and our role is to ensure that we gather, compile, analyse and recommend on the financial strategy for our businesses, identifying opportunities to drive efficiencies and create value for SSE now, and in the future.
What's in it for you?
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01738 344763
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?