Base Location: Glasgow/Perth
Salary: £25,400 - £38,200 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
As an Accounts Analyst, you will provide support to the Distribution Finance team and will be responsible for the execution of comprehensive general accounting and period closing activities, including the accurate and timely execution of transactional processing activities such as posting standard journals, running reports and supporting management accounting activities.
Your main responsibilities will include:-
- Period end activities – extracting & analysing accounting data to calculate, prepare and post mid-month and month end journals. Process adjustments following any analysis & review. Clear suspense accounts.
- Maintaining P&L and Balance Sheet Reconciliations including Goods Received Not Invoiced. Prepare reconciliations highlighting and investigating material variances prior to detailed review by the Finance Manager / Accountant.
- Supporting preparation of VAT returns and performing monthly VAT checks.
- Reporting & Analysis – extracting accounting / project data and preparing management reports & financial analysis. Performing initial review to verify the integrity and accuracy of the data presented.
- Supporting Opex Projects including managing end dates, project status, key members, reviewing project transactions and closing projects.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:-
- Experience operating in a similar Finance role.
- Knowledge of core financial systems and general accounting procedure.
- Be proficient in MS office Applications with an advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to work to tight timescales, under pressure and deliver to a high standard.
- Have strong interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills - both written and verbal.
About our Business
Our SSE Finance function has a key part to play in fulfilling SSE's obligations as a UK-listed company, providing expertise and services that can be shared across the SSE Group, and working in partnership with all businesses to provide services tailored to their specific needs. SSE operates in a highly regulated and increasingly competitive environment, and our role is to ensure that we gather, compile, analyse and recommend on the financial strategy for our businesses, identifying opportunities to drive efficiencies and create value for SSE now, and in the future.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Francesca on firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 344763.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for today, why not sign up for job alerts?
We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set optional performance cookies to help us improve it. We won't set optional cookies unless you enable them. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.
For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.